What do fitness gurus eat when they feel like snacking, and what do they recommend for others?
Fitness gurus have mastered snacking before and after exercise. Just like everyone else, they face cravings throughout the day.
Hard-boiled eggs are one of the best snacking options. They’re inexpensive and easy to make ahead of time. They’re also filling, so they can satisfy cravings and give you energy.
- Many fitness gurus rely on eggs to get through a busy day.
- Try slicing hard-boiled eggs and add sliced tomatoes or avocados on top. Sprinkling them with a little salt improves the flavor.
No one wants to gnaw on an entire celery stick or large bell pepper. Try chopped carrots, bell peppers, and celery. Also, consider having small pieces of broccoli or cauliflower. Wash and cut vegetables for a healthier snacking choice.
- You can keep the pre-cut vegetables in Ziploc bags or small plastic containers. You can also buy pre-cut veggies in the store, but you save money when making your own.
Instead of buying granola in stores, many fitness gurus make their own version. They prefer the homemade granola because they can control all the ingredients and balance the nutrients.
- A healthy granola mix includes carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Try making your own granola with peanuts, almonds, cashews, raisins, oats, and dried cranberries.
- Another favorite granola mix includes sunflower seeds, oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, and raisins.
- Experiment with different nuts and seeds to create your favorite.
Peanut butter provides protein and healthy fats filling. From adding peanut butter to smoothies to eating it directly from the jar, many fitness gurus include it in their snacks.
- Consider making a bread-free peanut butter sandwich that many fitness gurus adore. Slice a banana into long, thin strips and add peanut butter to create a “sandwich.”
Almonds also provide protein and healthy fats. A handful of almonds can stop cravings and give an energy boost. Many fitness gurus rely on almonds for a quick burst of energy during the day.
- You can buy small bags of almonds, or use Ziploc bags to make smaller portions from a bulk container. Stuff them into a handbag or purse you use during the day and snack on them whenever you get hungry or feel your energy waning.
Emergency protein bars
There are many brands of protein bars on the market, and fitness gurus rely on them, although they’re not in agreement about which ones are the best. You must experiment and find one you prefer. Focus on finding protein bars low in sugar and preservatives.
- Pay attention to the ingredient lists on the back of the package. Try to avoid the ones with ingredients you can’t pronounce or spell. Remember that simple ingredient are healthier; the healthiest bars will also have a short list.
- Try different flavors to find a favorite. Most energy bars are available in chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, and fruit flavors. They all have different tastes and textures.
- You can also try baking your own energy or protein bars with healthy ingredients.
Fitness gurus know the fuel you use for the body matters
They understand that snacking is a vital part of a successful diet and exercise regimen. Try their favorite snacking tips before planning your next gym session or long workday.