Willpower to Lose Weight, were is it and how do I get some!
You can lose weight if you set your mind to it! Are you ready to achieve the body of your dreams?
The most significant barrier you face is your self-discipline and willpower.
You may have fallen into a vicious cycle. The cycle starts with eating a poor diet full of fats, carbs, and processed foods. These are the foods that make you feel tired and lethargic all the time. Then, because your body lacks proper energy, you don’t want to exercise.
What’s the result? You end up with a loss of willpower, and you feel miserable and hopeless.
But there is hope! You can make the change! If you want to lose weight, you first must build the willpower to make it happen.
Here’s a list of things to consider when boosting your willpower:
- Don’t Wait For Something Bad To Happen. Your willpower is within you, and you don’t want something terrible to happen to find it.
- We’ve all heard the stories about someone suffering severe trauma, like a heart attack, and how that life event leads to a permanent change in their habits. You don’t need this to happen to you to get motivated!
- Watch Your Portion Size. This is one tip that can allow you to start small. It’s hard to muster up the willpower if you’re trying to go from one extreme to another. Decide that you will have the same meal tonight you would usually eat – but give yourself a smaller portion size.
- The trick is to use smaller plates, so the plate visually appears full.
- Give Yourself A Cheat Day. It’ll be a more natural transition for you if you allow yourself fun once in a while. Tell yourself that next Saturday you can enjoy that pizza for dinner or that chocolate cake for dessert. You’ll be less likely to give up knowing you can eat pizza next Saturday instead of “never.”
- Your “cheat” day doesn’t mean “over-eat” day.
- Savor the flavors of your food even if it means having a smaller piece than you’re used to. Once you’ve finished your piece, your willpower should kick in and say “no more!”
- Take Photographs. You can motivate yourself to lose weight by taking self-portraits. We rarely have the best idea about how we look until we see ourselves in a photograph. Keep a picture with you and look at it when you feel like giving up.
- Update your photo often and compare them as you lose weight.
- Make A Food List. Write all the foods you enjoy eating, then test whether these items are healthy. Chances are there are at least some healthy foods you enjoy eating – such as fruits and vegetables. Buy these foods for your home.
- Exercise In Moderation. Adding exercise to your routine can also be a daunting task if you try to jump in too fast. Nobody is telling you-you need to join a gym and engage in rigorous workouts if that’s not your style. You’ll be surprised at how energized you can feel just by taking a 30-minute walk, three times a week.
Set Small Goals
No matter how you approach your weight loss, it’s important to take small steps and remain in good spirits. Doing too much, too fast will only set you up for failure. Instead, set small, manageable goals like one pound per week. By focusing on the more modest, more attainable goal, you’ll see results far more quickly.
Remember to reward yourself for a job well done. You deserve it! Once you have mustered the willpower to succeed at weight loss, you can achieve anything in your life!